Effective as of June 28, 2018
Manchester Local School District will be a 100% tobacco-free campus. This includes the areas around the school buildings, the MEAC, and all the athletic fields (football, baseball, softball, and youth).
- “For purposes of this policy, "use of tobacco" means to chew or maintain any substance containing tobacco, including smokeless tobacco, in the mouth to derive the effects of tobacco, as well as all uses of tobacco, or tobacco substitutes, including cigars, cigarettes, pipe tobacco, chewing tobacco, snuff, any other matter or substances that contain tobacco, in addition to papers used to roll cigarettes and/or smoking of electronic, "vapor," or other substitute forms of cigarettes, clove cigarettes and any other lighted smoking devices for burning tobacco or any other substances.”
*Please refer to the following policies for additional information:
- po3215 Use of Tobacco by Professional Staff
- po4215 Use of Tobacco by Classified Staff
- po5512 Use of Tobacco (Students)
- po7434 Use of Tobacco on School Premises
- po9160 Public Attendance at School Events
*These policies may not reflect the newly adopted language yet, as the administrative offices of NEOLA must move the “draft revised” policies into the “active” policy section. However, the 100% tobacco-free campus remains effective as the abovementioned date of June 28th specifies.
This policy change remains effective for all MLSD staff (both professional and classified), administration, Board members, any Board-approved instructional or athletic volunteers, visitors to MLSD for school-sponsored events, including youth baseball/softball summer events, and any other group that I may have inadvertently omitted. Employees violating these Board policies will be subject to discipline measures in accordance with respective bargaining unit contracts. Board-approved volunteers violating this policy will be addressed accordingly. I also ask that as representatives of Manchester Local Schools as its employee, each of you take an active role in promoting and adhering to these Board policies with fellow colleagues and visitors attending all events on the Manchester Local School District campus.